Hi everyone, The most wonderful time of the year is right around the corner! There are two important documents attached to this email:
- The SHOW ASSIGNMENT LIST which indicates which classes are performing in each of our two Winterlude shows on Saturday, December 6th. There are two shows that day: 12:30 & 4:30 pm. Most classes perform in only one show; however some do perform in both so please check the list carefully. Please note that this is not the order which classes will perform in at the shows; just a list of who is performing in which show.
- The DRESS REHEARSAL SCHEDULE which indicates when your dancer’s class(es) rehearse on stage with their classmates. Each class has been allocated a timeslot when they will be able to rehearse their piece on stage, and an ARRIVAL TIME and PICK UP TIME has been specified for each rehearsal block. Some classes rehearse on the evening of Friday, December 5th, and while other classes rehearse on the morning of Saturday, December 6th.
- Dancers should wear their classroom uniform to the rehearsal and the show(s) unless otherwise instructed by their teacher, with their hair in a dancer’s bun.
- Please note that our rehearsals are all closed rehearsals which means that parents are not permitted to watch. We have staff on site to supervise all of the dancers while backstage at the theatre.
- It is important for all dancers to attend their dress rehearsal for both their own benefit (in terms of orienting themselves on the stage) as well as for the benefit of their classmates who would otherwise have to try to ‘imagine’ them in their spots.
- Our Winterlude shows AND dress rehearsals will be held at the Wolf Performance Hall, 251 Dundas Street at the Central Library.
- There will be no regular classes at the studio on Friday, December 5th or Saturday, December 6th.
Tickets for the show will be available via the Grand Theatre Box Office in person, by phone at 519-672-8800, and online www.grandtheatre.com as of FRIDAY, November 7th. (Please note this is 1 day later than previously communicated.) We are proud that our ticket prices continue to be the lowest of any dance school who uses this venue in the City: Regular Tickets are $16 (HST included) and Student & Senior Tickets are $11 (HST included). There is no limit on the number of tickets purchased per family, and you are welcome to invite your extended family and friends to share in your dancer’s accomplishments! We highly recommend that you purchase your tickets in advance. Tickets have sold out in previous years. Dancers performing in the show do not require a ticket because they will be backstage for the duration of the show.
If you have any questions about which show(s) your dancer is performing in, or when they have to be at the theatre for their dress rehearsal, kindly stop by the office to speak with Raelyn, Sam, or myself.
Have a great evening!