IMPORTANT UPCOMING DATES
Please mark the following important dates on your calendars:
- Mar 5 – Fri. Mar 11 – Parent Viewing Week #2
- Mar 12 – Sat. Mar 19 – Studio Closed for March Break
- Mar 14 – Fri. Mar 18 – March Break Camp
- Mar 25 – Studio Closed for Good Friday & RAD Mock Exam Day (No Regular Classes)
- Mar 27 – Studio Closed for Easter
- Mar 26 – Regular Day, All Classes Running
- Mar 28 – Studio Closed for Easter Monday
- May 11 – June Recital Tickets ON SALE at www.onstagedirect.com/northlondon
- May 23 – Studio Closed for Victoria Day
- May 28, Sun. May 29 & Sun. June 5 – Recital Photos at Studio in Costume. Schedule to follow.
- June 8 – Last day of regular classes at the studio
- June 9 & Fri. June 10 – Recital Stage Rehearsals at the Paul Davenport Theatre, UWO (Studio Closed)
- June. 11 – Recital Shows at the Paul Davenport Theatre, UWO (Studio Closed)
- June 12- Sat. June 18 – Early Registration Week
- July 4 – July Mini Session Begins
- July 11 – Fri. July 15 – Junior Dance Camp
- Aug 8 – August Mini Session Begins
- Aug 8 – Fri. Aug 12 – Junior Dance Camp
- Aug 29 – Fri. Sept 2 – Senior Ballet Intensive
FOR YOUR INFORMATION
Parent Viewing Week
We invite parents to attend their dancer’s class(es) during the week of March 5-11. This will be the last opportunity this year to observe your dancer from inside the studio. Only two guests per class please. (The Floor Barre & Flexibility class and YoCo do not have parent viewing.)
March Break Camp: March 14 – 18
What is your dancer between the ages of 5-9 doing for the upcoming March Break? Keep them moving and grooving at our fun, AROUND THE WORLD themed week of dance camp!
- Half Days (9 am-12 pm) $140 HST Included
- Full Days (9 am-4 pm) $220 HST Included
Have your child spend a fun week MOVING and developing their musicality, co-ordination, & self-confidence through themed activities & classes. Activities will include: Ballet, Jazz, Musical Theatre, Voice, Acting, Creative Movement & Improvisation, Stretch & Strength, Salsa and creating your own choreography, with our professional faculty.
Summer – Junior Dance Camps
REGISTRATION IS NOW IN PROGRESS! We have two action-packed weeks planned for our junior dancers (ages 5-9), featuring a variety of classes including: ballet, jazz, hip hop, musical theatre, free movement, stretch & strength & MORE, taught by our professional faculty members including Megan Alfano, Genna Goodwin and Tracy Mitchell. The full day program consists of 6 classes each day, while the half-day program is 3 classes. This fun & focused program will develop the dancer’s movement, musicality and co-ordination through themed activities and classes. Junior camp weeks this summer are:
- July 11-15 – FAIRY TALES
- August 8-12 – DANCING THROUGH THE DECADES
Half Days are $150 & Full Days are $230 (HST included). Register today!
Summer – Senior Ballet Intensive
NEW THIS SUMMER! This is a GREAT opportunity for our senior students, ages 13-17, to have a week of intensive training before our regular season starts in September. The week will include training in ballet, pointe, floor barre & flexibility, pilates, contemporary ballet, variations, stretch & strength and lyrical. Our professional staff members: Dale Yoshida, Rosemarie Kaes and Megan Alfano will be teaching. Register today!
Summer Classes – Monday Nights
Registration is now open for our summer dance classes on Monday nights in both July and August.
July Mini Session with Rosemarie Kaes:
- 3&4 year old ballet from 5:00-5:45 pm
- 5&6 year old ballet from 5:45-6:30 pm
- 7&8 year old ballet from 6:30-7:30 pm
- Adult Ballet from 7:30-8:30 pm
- Adult Tap from 8:30-9:15 pm
August Mini Session with Rosemarie Kaes & Tracy Mitchell:
- 3&4 year old ballet from 5:00-5:45 pm
- 6&7 year old ballet from 5:45-6:45 pm
- Adult Ballet from 6:45-7:45 pm
- Adult Tap from 7:45-8:30 pm
Our limit of 12 dancers per class ensures plenty of individual attention is provided to each dancer. Register today!
Adult Classes – New 8-Week Sessions
We are now accepting registration for our SPRING 8-week terms of Adult Ballet (Beginner & Experienced), Hip Hop, Modern, & Tap.
ADULT EXPERIENCED BALLET with Dale Yoshida on Tuesdays 8:15-9:15 pm running from March 8 – May 3 is $125+HST. This class is open to adults of all ages who have completed a minimum of 1 year of ballet training.
ADULT HIP HOP with Luis Espinoza on Tuesdays 8:00-9:00 pm running from March 8 – May 3 is $125+HST. An upbeat and fun cardio workout, inspired by the latest hip-hop moves! No previous experience required for this open level class.
ADULT MODERN with Dale Yoshida on Thursdays 8:15-9:15 pm running from March 10 – May 5 is $125+HST. Open to adults of all ages and offers a freedom of movement exploring themes, shapes, rhythms, energy, space, and performance.
ADULT TAP with Megan Alfano: Wednesdays 8:45 pm-9:30 pm running March 23 – May 11 ($94+HST, 8 weeks) or Mondays 9:00-9:45 pm running April 18 – June 6 ($82.54+HST, 7 weeks). This class is a wonderful opportunity for adults of all ages to give the style a try. It is a challenging, fun and non-competitive class.
ADULT BEGINNER BALLET with Rosemarie Kaes on Saturdays 4:15-5:15 pm running from April 23 – June 4 is $110+HST for 7 weeks. This class is open to adults of all ages who have zero to less than 1 year of ballet experience, or who are returning back to ballet after a long period of absence.
Toddler Time – New 8-Week Sessions
Registration is now open for our next 8-week sessions of Toddler Time Parent & Tot Classes for 2 & 3 year olds with Ms. Kelly:
- Sundays 10:15-10:45 am running from March 20 – May 15.
- Saturdays 9:00-9:30 am running from April 16-June 4.
JUNE RECITAL 2016:
LEAPING THROUGH THE LIBRARY
The theme for this year’s June Recital is Leaping Through the Library! The show will be pieces choreographed to music from BOOKS (or related to books or stories), while showcasing our students in the multiple genres of dance we offer.
Please continue to keep Thursday, June 9, Friday, June 10 & Saturday, June 11 open for your dancer’s rehearsals & performance(s). Both the dress rehearsals and the recitals will take place at The Paul Davenport Theatre located in Talbot College on the University of Western Ontario campus. It’s only an 8-minute drive from the studio.
Mark Your Calendars! Tickets will go on sale on Wednesday, May 11th via http://www.onstagedirect.com/NorthLondon We highly recommend that you purchase your tickets in advance; shows have sold out in previous years.
Stay warm everyone… Spring will be here soon!
Kelly Hajar, Director