IMPORTANT UPCOMING DATES
Please mark the following important dates on your calendars:
- Fri. Mar 31 – PA Day Dance Camp
- Fri. Apr 14 – Studio Closed – Good Friday
- Sat. Apr 15 – Studio Open
- Sun. Apr 16 – Studio Closed – Easter Sunday
- Mon. Apr 17 – Studio Closed – Easter Monday
- Thurs. Apr 20 – RAD Ballet Exams & Class Awards
- Wed. May 10 – June Recital Tickets ON SALE
- Mon. May 22 – Studio Closed – Victoria Day
- Mon. May 22, Sat. May 27, Sun. May 28 & Sat. June 3 -Recital Photos At Studio – schedule to follow
- Wed. Jun 7 – Last day of regular classes at the studio
- Thur. Jun 8 & Fri. Jun 9 – Recital Stage Rehearsals at the Paul Davenport Theatre, UWO
- Sat. Jun 10 – Recital Shows at the Paul Davenport Theatre, UWO
- Mon. Jun 12 – Sat. June 17 – Early Bird Registration Week for Fall Classes
- Tues. Jun 13 – June Mini Session Begins
- Fri. Jun 30 – PA Day Dance Camp
- Tue. July 4 – July Mini Session Begins
- Mon. July 31 – Fri. Aug 4 – Junior Dance Camp
- Thur. Aug 1 – August Mini Session Begins
- Mon. Aug 28 – Sept 1 – Junior Dance Camp
FOR YOUR INFORMATION
March PA Day Camp
On Friday, March 31, dancers ages 4-10 can join Ms. Kelsey for our FAIRIES AND PRINCESSES themed PA day camp! Full and half days available ($30-41, HST included). Register today!
Adult Classes – New 8-Week Sessions
Toddler Time – New 8-Week Sessions
Registration is now open for our next 8-week sessions of Toddler Time Parent & Tot Classes for 2 & 3 year olds with Ms. Kelsey and Ms. Megan:
- Wednesdays 4:00-4:30 pm running from March 22– May 10.
- Saturdays 2:30-3:00 pm running from April 8-May 27.
An 8-week session is $78.38 including HST. Register today to secure your spot!
Boogie Babies – New 4 Week Sessions
Register today for our 4-week sessions of boogie babies for dancers up to age 2 (must be walking).
- Saturday 4:30-5:00 pm (Starts March 25)
- Wednesday 3:30-4:00 pm (Starts March 29)
The 4-week session is only $39.55 including HST! Register today to secure you spot.
NLDC Branded Studio Gear
Thinking of an Easter gift for your dancer? We have the following items currently in stock at the studio:
- Dance bags – teal
- Zip up hoodies – teal & purple
- Open back tops – grey
- Tunic dresses – black
- Long sleeved top – red
- Leggings – black
- Sweatpants – grey & black
- T-shirts – blue
- Child Tank Tops – blue
- Water Bottles
Royal Academy of Dance Exams (Ballet)
We have 20 dancers preparing for the Spring session ballet exams and class awards with the Royal Academy of Dance. Keep up the hard work, dancers!
Canadian Dance Teacher’s Association Exams (Jazz & Tap)
Offer letters for eligible jazz and tap students will be sent out over the next two weeks.
Summer – Junior Dance Camps
REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN! We have two action-packed weeks planned for our junior dancers (ages 4-10), featuring a variety of classes including: ballet, jazz, hip hop, musical theatre, creative movement and stretch & strength, in addition to craft and game time, taught by our professional faculty members: Ms. Megan, Ms. Abi, Ms. Kelsey and Ms. Michelle. This fun & focused program will develop the dancer’s movement, musicality and co-ordination through themed activities and classes. Junior camp weeks this summer are:
- July 31-August 4 – Minion Madness
- August 28-September 1 – Pop Stars
Half Days are $150 & Full Days are $230 (HST included). Our camps include no charge care for 30 minutes before and after camp, and if you need extra early drop off (8 am) or extra late pick up (5 pm) it’s available for an extra $5 a day. Register today!
Summer Classes: Tuesday & Thursday
Registration is now open for our summer dance mini-sessions of classes on Tuesday & Thursday nights in June, July and August. There are classes for ages 3 to adult offered this summer. Check out our summer brochure (online or available at the studio) for more information.
JUNE RECITAL 2017:
BEYOND THE STARS
The theme for this year’s June Recital is Beyond The Stars! Our space themed show offers lots of options for great music and choreography ideas for our faculty to showcase our students in the multiple genres of dance we offer.
Please continue to keep Thursday, June 8, Friday, June 9 & Saturday, June 10 open for your dancer’s rehearsals & performance(s). Both the dress rehearsals and the recitals will take place at The Paul Davenport Theatre located in Talbot College on the University of Western Ontario campus. It’s only an 8-minute drive from the studio.
Costumes have started arriving! We send costumes home after they are tried on in class, and ask that they not be worn until photo day, to ensure they stay in perfect condition for the show. Many costumes come with hairpieces; please ensure these are brought to both photo day and the show. Almost all costumes need to be steamed before wearing, especially the ones made with tulle to ensure that the tulle is full and un-wrinkled. Please see the front desk if you would like some instructions for how to properly steam a tulle skirt. If you don’t want to steam your costume(s) yourself, one of our Dance Moms will steam your costume for $5 each (cash only) if you drop the costume(s) off at the studio, labelled with your dancer’s name and payment.
Mark Your Calendars! Tickets will go on sale on Wednesday, May 10th via http://www.onstagedirect.com/NorthLondon We highly recommend that you purchase your tickets in advance; shows have sold out in previous years.
Ms. Kelsey has been accepted into teacher’s college at Western for this Fall. Congratulations, Ms. Kelsey!
Stay warm everyone… Spring will be here soon!