IMPORTANT UPCOMING DATES
Please mark the following important dates on your calendars:
- May 11 – Recital Tickets go on Sale
- May 14, 5-6 pm – Costume Alterations at Studio
- May 14 – Photo Order Forms DUE Today
- May 23 – Studio Closed for Victoria Day
- May 28, Sun. May 29 & Sun. Jun 5 – Recital Costume Photos at the Studio
- June 9 & Fri June 10 – Recital Stage Rehearsals at the Davenport Theatre (no regular classes at the studio)
- June 11 – Shows at the Davenport Theatre (no regular classes at the studio)
- June 13 & Wed. June 15 – CDTA Mock Exams
- June 13-17 – Early Registration Week for Fall 2016
- June 18 – CDTA Tap & Jazz Exams at Studio
- July 1 – Sun July 3 – Flux Dance Festival
- July 4 – July Mini-Session Classes Begin
- July 11-15 – Junior Dance Camp Week
- Aug 8- August Mini-Session Classes Begin
- Aug 8-12– Junior Dance Camp Week
- Mon Aug 29 – Sept 2 – Senior Intensive Ballet Week
- Aug 23- Sat. Sep 3 – Fall Registration
- Sept 5– Closed for Labour Day
- Sept 6 – First day of Fall Classes
Top Choice Winner
We are pleased to announce that we have been voted the Top Dance School of 2016 in the City of London by Top Choice Awards. You can read our award letter on the wall under the tvs in the lobby.
JUNE RECITAL INFORMATION
June Recital – Leaping Through The Library at Davenport Theatre, UWO
Our year-end recital is only a little over one month away, so you will notice that the video feeds from the studio have been turned off to allow the dancers to keep their recital dances a SURPRISE for you at the shows.
Some classes have now received their costumes and we ask that you don’t allow your dancers to wear their costumes around the house for play. We want to keep them all in tip-top shape for the recital! Our final shipment of costumes is expected to arrive next week. Each class needs to wear their classroom tights with their costume unless told otherwise by their instructor. We have a limited supply of tights available at the front desk.
All families have now received our SHOW ASSIGNMENT LIST and our REHEARSAL & SHOW DAY SCHEDULE by email. If you have any questions about which show your dancer is performing in, or when their dress rehearsal is at the Paul Davenport Theatre, PLEASE ASK AT THE FRONT DESK.
Backstage space is at a premium during the shows. Please send only those items absolutely necessary with your dancers on rehearsal & show day. The little ones should ARRIVE wearing their costume, and not bring extra layers (including jackets & outdoor shoes) backstage. A bottle of WATER with your dancers name clearly marked is great. Bringing food? Please ensure it is peanut-free & not messy! (We also have a carrot allergy, so no raw carrots please.) We don’t want any accidents happening to anyone’s costume before going on stage, so please do not send any extra makeup with your child backstage for the same reason.
Costume Alteration Day
For everyone’s convenience we have arranged for our studio seamstress (Maggie Listar) to be at the studio THIS Saturday May 14 from 5-6:00 pm. For anyone who requires alterations to their recital costumes, this is a convenient option for you if you are a non-sewer (like me J). Maggie’s prices are very reasonable, i.e. $5-10 for strap shortening, the most common alteration. For those of you who haven’t received your costume before alteration day this Saturday & you would like to use Maggie’s services, please let me know & we will bring her back for a second day.
Tickets go on sale THIS WEEK, Wednesday, May 11th at 8 am via http://www.onstagedirect.com/NorthLondon. We highly recommend that you purchase your tickets in advance; shows have sold out in previous years.
Photo Order Forms
Purple recital photo order forms are due at the studio THIS Saturday, May 14th. The full photo schedule can be found here: http://www.northlondondancecentre.ca/photo-day-schedule-2/. We kindly ask that even if you are not interested in individual photos, that you still bring your dancer for the class photo. Full recital costumes are worn, with proper coloured tights and shoes, and hair in a slick, dancer’s bun for all female dancers. Don’t know what a dancer’s bun is? Here’s a YouTube video to watch & learn: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxqVer7WAUU. We have bun kits available at the studio for $4.
A friendly reminder that dancers who miss 50% or more of the last 12 classes in the season leading up to our June Recital, will not be eligible to perform with their class. This ensures that all dancers performing know their dances well enough to perform with confidence on stage!
Bodyliners & Tights
We have a limited number of bodyliners and tights available at the office for purchase. Any dancer who has more than one costume in a show should have a nude bodyliner for under their costume (easier for changing backstage) as should any dancer who needs additional support under their costume. Adult bodyliners are $52, and tights are $10-$17 (HST included).
Thinking of an end-of-season gift for your dancer? We have the following items currently in stock at the studio:
- Youth Dance Jackets – $51
- Embroidered Legwarmers – One Size $38
- Leggings – Adult Small & Medium $30
- Sweatpants – Youth Large & XL, Adult Small $28
- Blue T-shirts – Youth Small, Medium & Large, Adult Small, Medium & Large $17
- Child Tank Tops – size 5, 6, & 6x $15
- Water Bottles – $9
All Prices Include HST
Junior Dance Camps
REGISTRATION IS NOW IN PROGRESS! We have two action-packed weeks planned for our junior dancers (ages 5-9), featuring a variety of classes including: ballet, jazz, hip hop, musical theatre, free movement, stretch & strength & MORE, taught by our professional faculty members including Megan Alfano, Genna Goodwin and Tracy Mitchell. The full day program consists of 6 classes each day, while the half-day program is 3 classes. This fun & focused program will develop the dancer’s movement, musicality and co-ordination through themed activities and classes. Junior camp weeks this summer are:
- July 11-15 – FAIRY TALES – 57% full
- August 8-12 – DANCING THROUGH THE DECADES
Half Days are $150 & Full Days are $230 (HST included).
Senior Ballet Intensive
NEW THIS SUMMER! This is a GREAT opportunity for our senior students, ages 13-17, to have a week of intensive training before our regular season starts in September. The week will include training in ballet, pointe, floor barre & flexibility, pilates, contemporary ballet, variations, stretch & strength and lyrical. Our professional staff members: Dale Yoshida, Rosemarie Kaes and Megan Alfano will be teaching.
Classes – Monday Nights
Registration is now open for our summer dance classes on Monday nights in both July and August.
July Mini Session with Rosemarie Kaes:
- 3&4 year old ballet from 5:00-5:45 pm – 2 spots left
- 5&6 year old ballet from 5:45-6:30 pm – 50% full
- 7&8 year old ballet from 6:30-7:30 pm
- Adult Ballet from 7:30-8:30 pm
- Adult Tap from 8:30-9:15 pm
August Mini Session with Rosemarie Kaes & Tracy Mitchell:
- 3&4 year old ballet from 5:00-5:45 pm
- 6&7 year old ballet from 5:45-6:45 pm
- Adult Ballet from 6:45-7:45 pm
- Adult Tap from 7:45-8:30 pm
We will be having early bird registration for next season at the studio from June 13-17th. Final registration for the Fall will be held August 22-September 3rd. The schedule for the Fall will be available online soon.
Kelly Hajar, Director