of North London Dance Centre
Passionate about dance & looking for more performance opportunities?
After 20 years of being a widely respected training facility for dancers in London, Ontario, September 2014 marked the inaugural season for The Young Company (YoCo) of North London Dance Centre!
What does this mean?
For concert dance schools like ours (non-competitive) this is a wonderful opportunity to compliment our strong technical training program with performance-oriented training.
Members of The Young Company will have the opportunity to work with professional choreographers, and learn pieces in a variety of contemporary styles which will be performed (at minimum) at our Winterlude and June Recital shows.
Please read on!
The vision is for The Young Company to establish itself as an organization which provides an innovative environment where talented young dancers can further expand their technical dance training with performance-oriented training and experience given by some of the most respected teachers and choreographers in our community.
The Young Company will provide essential performance training & experience that strengthens the individual dancer’s talents, while enhancing their understanding of the performance process and its demands.
While initially The Company will perform in Winterlude & June Recital, the intent is for The Company to grow its repertoire to the point where it will present its own annual showcase at a theatre over the next couple of years.
- Company rehearsals will be every Saturday from 1 to 3:00pm.
- Open to NLDC students enrolled in 5+ hours per week of technique classes at NLDC level 4 – 9.
- Technique classes can be in any style offered at NLDC.
- Tuition fees for this program are $885+HST per year, payable in two equal installments (at registration & Feb. 1st).
- There are no additional costume fees. Costumes will be owned by NLDC & available for dancers prior to each performance. Tights & body liners will be the responsibility of the dancer.
- Dancers who are taking classes, assisting, or teaching at other dance schools are not eligible for this program.
To register your dancer in this program, please email Ms. Kelly to obtain a registration package at firstname.lastname@example.org
Kelly has been involved in dance for more than 30 years, and is the Founder of the Maritime Dance Performance Group in Nova Scotia, where she was Artistic Director for 11 years. During her tenure there, she provided contemporary performing training & opportunities to pre-professional dancers ages 12-20. The company was recognized as one of the premiere youth performing arts groups in Atlantic Canada. An avid performer and choreographer, Kelly has created more than 20 original commissioned works during her career, and was the recipient of the prestigious Pat Richard’s Choreographic Award at the age of 20, for demonstrating exceptional choreographic ability and the potential to realize a future in the creative realm of dance.Download The Young Company Brochure