Attached in this email is the dress rehearsal schedule for our June recital, which indicates when your dancer’s class(es) rehearse on stage with their classmates. Each class has been allocated a time slot when they will be able to rehearse their piece on stage, and an ARRIVAL TIME and PICK UP TIME has been specified for each rehearsal block. Some classes rehearse on the evening of Thursday, June 9th and some on Friday, June 10th. Please check the schedule carefully.
- Dancers should wear their recital costume to the rehearsal and the show(s) unless otherwise instructed by their teacher, with their hair in a dancer’s bun. Don’t have the ‘stuff’ to make a bun? Kits are available at the studio front desk for $4. Don’t know how to make a bun? Watch this great how to video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxqVer7WAUU Our final shipment of costumes is expected to arrive next week 🙂
- Please note that our rehearsals are all closed rehearsals which means that parents are not permitted to watch. We have staff on site to supervise all of the dancers while backstage at the theatre.
- It is important for all dancers to attend their dress rehearsal for both their own benefit (in terms of orienting themselves on the stage) as well as for the benefit of their classmates who would otherwise have to try to ‘imagine’ them in their spots.
- Our Leaping Through The Library shows AND rehearsals will be held at the Paul Davenport Theatre at UWO. I have attached a map showing the route from the studio to the theatre – it is a 10 minute drive down Sarnia Road (heading East) then taking a right turn onto Lambton. From there, Talbot College (which houses the Paul Davenport Theatre) is on your left & a parking lot on your right.
- There will be no regular classes at the studio on Thursday, June 9th OR Friday, June 10th, or Saturday, June 11th.
- Tickets for our shows will be available via www.onstagedirect.com/northlondon beginning THIS WEDNESDAY, May 11 at 8 am. There is no limit on the number of tickets purchased per family, and you are welcome to invite your extended family and friends to share in your dancer’s accomplishments! We highly recommend that you purchase your tickets in advance. Tickets have sold out in previous years. Dancers performing in the show do not require a ticket because they will be backstage for the duration of the show.
- Don’t forget that we have THREE recital shows on Saturday, June 11th: 10:30 am, 1:00 pm and 4:30 pm. Some classes perform in one show, some in two shows, and a small number in all three shows so please ensure you know which show(s) your dancer(s) are scheduled to perform in. The Show Assignment list was previously emailed to all families on April 25th, and can also be found online at http://www.northlondondancecentre.ca/june-recital-show-assignments
If you have any questions about which show(s) your dancer is performing in, or when they have to be at the theatre for their dress rehearsal, kindly stop by the office to speak with Raelyn, Sam, or myself. Copies of the rehearsal schedule are also available in the lobby at the dance school.