The most wonderful time of the year is right around the corner!
There is an important document attached to this email: the DRESS REHEARSAL SCHEDULE… which indicates when your dancer’s class(es) rehearse on stage, in costume, with their classmates. Each class has been allocated a time slot when they will be able to rehearse their piece on stage, and an ARRIVAL TIME and PICK UP TIME has been specified for each rehearsal block. Some classes rehearse on the evening of Friday, June 12th, and other classes rehearse on the morning of Saturday, June 13th.
- Dancers should wear their costumes to the dress rehearsal and the show(s).
- All female dancers must wear their hair in a dancer’s bun. This includes all classes: jazz, tap, ballet, modern, and hip hop.
- Please note that our rehearsals are all closed rehearsals which means that parents are not permitted to watch. We have staff on site to supervise all of the dancers while backstage at the theatre.
- It is important for all dancers to attend their dress rehearsal for both their own benefit (in terms of orienting themselves on the stage) as well as for the benefit of their classmates who would otherwise have to try to ‘imagine’ them in their spots.
- Our recital shows AND dress rehearsals will be held at the Wolf Performance Hall, 251 Dundas Street at the Central Library.
- There will be no regular classes at the studio on Friday, June 12th or Saturday, June 13th.
Tickets for the show are now on sale at www.onstagedirect.com/NorthLondon Regular Tickets are $16 (HST included) and Student & Senior Tickets are $11 (HST included). There is no limit on the number of tickets purchased per family, and you are welcome to invite your extended family and friends to share in your dancer’s accomplishments! We highly recommend that you purchase your tickets in advance. Tickets have sold out in previous years and were 37% sold within the first 24 hours of going on sale. Dancers performing in the show do not require a ticket because they will be backstage for the duration of the show.
If you have any questions about which show(s) your dancer is performing in, or when they have to be at the theatre for their dress rehearsal, kindly stop by the office to speak with Raelyn, Sam, or myself.