IMPORTANT UPCOMING DATESPDF VERSION
Please mark the following important dates on your calendars:
- Nov 11 – Winterlude Tickets ON SALE *Note date change*
- Nov 20 – PD Day Dance Camp – Ages 5-9
- Nov 22 – Hyde Park Santa Claus Parade Rehearsal – 5:30-7 pm
- Nov 28 – Hyde Park Santa Claus Parade – 10 am
- Dec 5 – All 2nd Instalment Tuition Payments Due
- Dec. 9 & Fri. Dec. 11 – Winterlude Rehearsals at the Wolf Performance Hall (no classes at the studio)
- Dec. 12 – THREE Winterlude Shows at the Wolf Performance Hall: 10:30 AM, 1:00 PM, 4:30 PM
- Dec. 19 – Sat. Jan. 2 – Closed for the Holiday Break
- Jan 3 – Studio Opens – 1st day of 2nd term classes
- Jan 9 – June Recital Costume Fees Due ($70 per dance)
- Feb 15 – Studio Closed for Family Day
- Mar 5 – Fri. Mar 11 – Parent Viewing Week #2
- Mar 12 – Sat. Mar 19 – Studio Closed for March Break
- Mar 25 – Studio Closed for Good Friday
- Mar 27 – Studio Closed for Easter
- Mar 28 – Studio Closed for Easter Monday
- May 11 – Recital Tickets ON SALE
- May 23 – Studio Closed for Victoria Day
- June 8 – Last day of regular classes at the studio
- June 9 & Fri. June 10 – Recital Stage Rehearsals at the Paul Davenport Theatre, UWO
- Jun. 11 – Recital Shows at the Paul Davenport Theatre, UWO
FOR YOUR INFORMATION
PD Day Dance Camp – Friday, Nov. 20
What is your dancer between the ages of 5-9 doing for the upcoming PD Day on Friday, November 20th? We are running a fun, CARNIVAL themed day of dance camp!
- Half Days (9 am-12 pm) $28 HST Included
- Full Days (9 am – 4 pm) $41 HST Included Have your child spend a fun day MOVING and developing their musicality, co-ordination, & self-confidence through themed activities & classes.
Hyde Park Santa Claus Parade
On Saturday November 28, NLDC will be participating in the Hyde Park Santa Claus Parade. The parade takes place 10-11 am & we invite all dancers in Grade 1 to Advanced level classes who do not dance before 11:45 am on Saturday mornings to participate. Dancers need to learn a short piece of choreography to perform on the parade route at a studio rehearsal on Sun. Nov 22nd from 5:30-7 pm. The only cost to participate is for a long-sleeved red NLDC shirt, which is $23, HST included. Sign up by email or at the front desk; we already have 17 dancers registered!
Tuition – 2nd
Installments Due For those families who have elected to pay on a two installment plan this year for tuition, a friendly reminder that 2nd installment is due BY Saturday, December 5th.
We encourage all of our parents and students who have social media accounts to like us/follow us on our Facebook, Twitter, and Google+ accounts! Links to all of our accounts are available in the header of our website. We use these avenues to post reminders of important upcoming dates as well as studio info. In case of any inclement weather closures, we would also post this information here first.
Week We would like to thank everyone who attended our parent viewing classes in October. We would love to see any of the wonderful photos that were taken while watching the classes. The 2nd opportunity for parents to attend their dancer’s class(es) will be during the week of March 5-11.
NLDC Studio Gear
Great ideas for Christmas gifts! Available at the Front Desk during office hours:
Embroidered Legwarmers (one size)……………………….………..$38
Sweatpants (Youth Large, XL, & Adult Small)…………………….$34
Leggings (Adult Small & Medium) ………..………………………….$34
Pink Dance Bags (one size)……………………..………………….…….$33
Blue T-Shirt (Youth S, M, L & Adult S, M, L)……………..…………$20
Child Tank Tops (size 5, 6 & 6x) ……………..…………………………$15
Water Bottles …………………………………………………………………….$9
*Prices Include HST
Winterlude Demonstration Shows
Less than 5 weeks to go until our Winterlude demonstration shows! This year’s Winterlude shows will be held Saturday, December 12th, at the Wolf Performance Hall, 251 Dundas Street at the Central Library. Dress rehearsals will be held at the Wolf Performance Hall on both Wednesday, December 9 and Friday, December 11th. Detailed schedules were provided to all students by email in October, which indicate each class’s rehearsal slot, as well as which show(s) they will be performing in. Show times on December 12th are at 10:30 am, 1:00 pm & 4:30 pm. We will be having three shows this year to accommodate all of our students and families. Most classes perform in only one show; however some classes perform in two or three shows. If your dancer will NOT be participating in our Winterlude show, kindly let us know. We now have our video monitors tuned OFF at the studio to keep the student’s Winterlude dances a SURPRISE for the show!
Answers to Frequently Asked Questions about Winterlude:
1. Please don’t miss any classes between now at the shows. This is the time where all of the teachers are finishing and polishing their dances for the show. Dancers who miss 50% or more of the last 12 classes leading up to Winterlude, will not be eligible to perform onstage with their class. With less than 5 weeks until the big shows, we ask that you send us an email if your dancer is going to be absent from class.
2.The shows are 1 hour 30 minutes to 1 hour 40 minutes in length each.
3. Please ensure your dancers are signed in at the theatre 35 minutes prior to show time.
4. Dancers who perform in both shows A & B on Saturday DO NOT have to be picked up between the rehearsal and the show, but they do have to bring a lunch to eat.
5. Dancers who perform in both show B & C on Saturday DO need to be picked up in between, as there is over an hour in between.
6. All dancers wear their classroom uniform as a base for all dances in Winterlude, and their hair in a proper, dancers bun. This is true for ballet, jazz, tap, modern & hip hop students. (No idea what a dancers bun is? You can check out a terrific video online at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urVPCuuEYj8 and we have a limited supply of bun making kits available at the office for only $4, HST included.
7. Backstage space is at a premium during the shows, so please send only those items that are absolutely necessary with your dancer. The little ones should ARRIVE wearing their classroom uniform, and not bring extra layers, including jackets and footwear, backstage. Due to several severe allergies amongst our students, we ask that all dancers and guardians refrain from bringing peanuts or carrots into the studio or to the theatre. Choosing snacks that are NOT MESSY helps prevent accidents from happening to a dancer’s outfit before going onstage. Please do not send makeup backstage with your child for the same reason.
8. There is underground parking available at Citi Plaza, and the parking entrance which will bring you closest to the theatre is the one directly off of King Street, just east of Clarence Street. If you bring your parking stub into the service desk at the Central Library, they will validate it for 2 free hours of parking if you have a library card. The service desk is only open until 6 pm on weeknights and 5 pm on Saturdays, so be sure to validate before they close.
9. Tickets for the show will be available via www.onstagedirect.com/northlondon beginning on November 11. *Please note this is one day earlier than previously communicated. There is no limit on the number of tickets purchased per family, and you are welcome to invite your extended family and friends to share in your dancer’s accomplishments! We highly recommend that you purchase your tickets in advance. Tickets have sold out in previous years.
Dance recitals are an exciting time for all dancers. Try to relax and enjoy this special event in your dancer’s life! Don’t forget that after Winterlude, there are still 6 more days of regular classes before we close for the holidays on Saturday, December 19th.
Winterlude DVD Orders
DVD order forms are presently being handed out in class. Please return the order form to the studio no later than Monday, December 14. Personal video recording (and photography) is not permitted in the theatre. We thank you in advance for adhering to this policy, which allows all members of our audience to enjoy the show. We receive complaints every year from parents who find it both distracting and inconsiderate when people try to take their own personal videos.