IMPORTANT UPCOMING DATES
- Mon. Oct. 21 – Sat. Oct. 26 – Parent Viewing Week
- Thurs. Oct. 31 – Closed for Halloween
- Sat. Nov. 2 – L’école Supérieure de Ballet du Québec Master Classes
- Sat. Nov. 2 – Dance jacket & legging orders due today for holiday delivery
- Sun. Nov. 3 – L’école Supérieure de Ballet du Québec Auditions
- Thurs. Nov. 14 – Winterlude tickets go on sale
- Fri. Dec. 13 – Winterlude Rehearsals at the Wolf Performance Hall (no regular classes at the studio)
- Sat. Dec. 14 – Winterlude Rehearsals & Shows at the Wolf Performance Hall (no regular classes at the studio)
- Dec. 16-21 – Regular classes at the studio
- Dec. 22 – Jan. 4 – Closed for the Holiday Break
- Wed. Jan. 15 – Recital Costume Fees Due
- Mon. Feb. 17 – Closed for Family Day
- March 9-15 – Closed for March Break
- Fri. Apr. 18 – Closed for Good Friday
- Mon. Apr. 21 – Closed for Easter Monday
- Mon. May 19 – Closed for Victoria Day
- Sat. May 31 & Sun. Jun. 1 – Recital Costume Photos at the Studio
- Mon. Jun. 9 – Last day of regular classes at the studio
- Fri. Jun. 13 – Recital Stage Rehearsals at the Wolf Performance Hall (no regular classes at the studio)
- Sat. Jun. 14 – Recital Stage Rehearsals & Shows at the Wolf Performance Hall (no regular classes at the studio)
FOR YOUR INFORMATION
Parent Viewing Week
DON’T FORGET – Parent Viewing Week is now underway! We invite parents to attend their dancer’s class (or classes) during the week of October 21-26. This will be the first of two opportunities this year to observe your dancer from inside the studio. We kindly ask parents to limit guests to 2 per dancer due to space limitations in the studios.
Winterlude Demonstration Shows
For the benefit of our new students, Winterlude is the name of our annual December demonstration show. This year’s Winterlude demonstration shows will be held Saturday, December 14th, at the Wolf Performance Hall, 251 Dundas Street at the Central Library. Dress rehearsals will be held at the Wolf Performance Hall on both Friday, December 13th and the morning of Saturday, December 14th. Detailed schedules will be provided to all students next week, which will indicate each class’s rehearsal slot, as well as which show(s) they will be performing in. Show times on December 14th will be at 1:00 pm & 4:30 pm. Most classes perform in only one show, however some classes perform in both shows to accommodate our families with multiple children dancing at our school. If your dancer will NOT be participating in our Winterlude show, kindly let us know by email as soon as possible.
Tickets for the show will be available via the Grand Theatre Box Office in person, by phone at 519-672-8800, and online at www.grandtheatre.com as of November 14th. There is no limit on the number of tickets purchased per family, and you are welcome to invite your extended family and friends to share in your dancer’s accomplishments! We highly recommend that you purchase your tickets in advance. Tickets have sold out in previous years.
Winterlude DVD Orders
DVD order forms will be handed out in all classes in November for any families interested in purchasing a professional DVD of the show.
Along with the launch of our NEW website, we have joined the rest of the world and now also have Facebook, Twitter, and Google+ accounts! Please consider liking and following us if you use these methods of communication. Links to all of our accounts are available in the header of our website, on the right hand side: http://www.northlondondancecentre.ca
L’école Supérieure de Ballet du Québec Master Classes & Auditions
We are thrilled that L’école Supérieure de Ballet du Québec has chosen North London Dance Centre as a location for their Fall tour. They will be holding master classes at our facility for ballet dancers in academic Grades 4-12 on Saturday, November 2nd. The master class for ballet dancers in academic grades 4-7 will be held from 5-6:00 pm, and for dancers in academic grades 8-12 from 6-7:30 pm. We encourage all of our eligible ballet students to take advantage of the opportunity to take part in the master classes! The master classes are $20 and L’école Supérieure will take registration the day of the master classes. Auditions for their program will be held at the studio on Sunday, November 3rd. Audition fees are $30 and students can register online. More information on their programs is available at http://www.esbq.ca/
Mondor Dance Jackets & Leggings
Order forms are available at the studio for anyone interested in ordering a high-quality dance jacket, and/or matching leggings for their dancer. Samples are also available at the office for viewing and trying on for size. All orders received by Saturday, November 2nd will arrive in time for Christmas.
8-Week Sessions: Adults & Toddlers
There are 8-week sessions starting in November for our Toddler Time (2 years old) Parent & Tot Classes, as well as for our Adult Hip Hop, Adult Jazz & Tap, and Adult Ballet classes. Please drop by the office to register or for additional information.
Extended Fall Office Hours
A reminder that Fall office hours are generally:
- Monday to Thursday from 5-8 pm
- Fridays from 5-7 pm
- Saturdays from 9 am – 3pm
These are the hours when there is generally someone available at the desk to answer questions, take payments, et cetera. If you require assistance outside of these times, kindly see your instructor or send us an email at email@example.com
Please join me in congratulating Miss Nancy who recently auditioned for, and was accepted into, Boss Dance Company’s training program in Toronto!
Accordingly, we welcome to the faculty Luis Espinoza, who will be taking over Nancy’s Wednesday class for the remainder of the year, and Jordan Phouttharath, who will be taking over the Friday classes for the remainder of the year. Luis is an amazing hip hop and break dancer who teaches and performs throughout Ontario, New York, Michigan and Quebec with Canadian breakdance crew, Ill at Will. Jordan is also a remarkable hip hop dancer who comes to us from O.N.E. Hip Hop Dance Studio.
In other news, congratulations to Ms. Megan who was the Movement Coach for The Grand Theatre’s current production of Ring of Fire, which opened this past Friday night. The show runs until November 2nd and tickets are still available at www.grandtheatre.com
Kelly Hajar, Director