DOWNLOAD FALL NEWSLETTERIMPORTANT UPCOMING DATES
- Nov 12 – Santa Claus Parade Rehearsal @ 1:15 pm
- Nov. 16 – Winterlude Tickets go on Sale
- Nov. 17 – Emoji Themed PA Day Camp
- Nov 19 – Santa Claus Parade Rehearsal @ 1:15 pm
- Nov 25 – Hyde Park Santa Claus Parade – 10 am
- Nov 28 – Canada’s Ballet Jörgen Master Classes – Lev 4-9 Ballet Students
- Dec. 5 – All 2nd Installment Tuition Payments Due
- Dec. 14 & Fri. Dec. 15 – Winterlude Rehearsals at the Wolf Performance Hall (no classes at the studio)
- Dec. 16 – Winterlude Shows at the Wolf Performance Hall: 10:00 AM, 1:00 PM, 4:30 PM
- Dec. 22 – Last Day of Classes before Holiday Break
- Dec. 23 – Sat. Jan. 6 – Studio Closed – Holiday Break
- Jan. 7 – First Day of Classes after Holiday Break & June Recital Costume Fees Due ($75/class)
- Feb. 19 – Studio Closed for Family Day
- Mar. 3 – Fri. Mar 9 – Parent Viewing Week #2
- Mar. 10 – Sat. Mar 17 – Studio Closed for March Break, except for March Break Day Camp
- Mar. 30 – Studio Closed for Good Friday
- Mar. 31 – Studio OPEN – all classes running
- Apr. 1 – Studio Closed for Easter Sunday
- Apr. 2 – Studio Closed for Easter Monday
- May 9 – June Recital Tickets go on Sale
- May 21 – Studio Closed for Victoria Day
- June 7 & Fri. June 8 – Recital Stage Rehearsals at the Paul Davenport Theatre (schedule to follow)
- June 9 – Recital Shows at the Paul Davenport Theatre: 10:00 AM, 1:00 PM, 4:30 PM (schedule to follow)
FOR YOUR INFORMATION
Parent Viewing Week
Thank you to everyone who came and participated in our first parent-viewing week of the year. Our second parent viewing week will be Saturday, March 3 – Friday, March 9.
Food Bank Fundraiser
Our annual Pizza & Movie fundraiser for the London Food Bank was a success again this year, raising more than $300!
November PA Day Dance Camp
What is your dancer between the ages of 4-10 doing for the upcoming PA Day on Friday, November 17? Come join us at our EMOJI themed PA dance camp! Ms. Abi, Ms. Kelly & Ms. Michelle will be running the camp. Register today!
- Half Days (9 am-12 pm) $31 HST Included
- Full Days (9 am – 4 pm) $42 HST Included
Hyde Park Santa Claus Parade
On Saturday, November 25, NLDC will be participating in the Hyde Park Santa Claus Parade. The parade takes place 10-11 am & we invite all dancers in Level 1 to 9 classes who do not dance on Saturday mornings to participate. Dancers will learn the parade choreography over two studio rehearsals, September 12 & 19 from 1:15-2:15 pm. If Primary level dancers are interested, they may walk behind the older dancers in the parade & hand out candy. The only cost to participate is for a long-sleeved red NLDC shirt, which is $28-30, HST included, if they don’t have one from last year that still fits. Please email the office before the first rehearsal if you want to sign up. We already have 38 dancers registered… woo hoo!
Ballet with Saniya from Ballet Jörgen
Tuesday, November 28th we have a special guest teacher coming from Canada’s Ballet Jörgen, Ms. Saniya Abilmajineva, who will teach an evening of special ballet classes for our ballet students as follows:
- 5:00-6:00 Level 4&5 Ballet
- 6:00-7:15 Level 8&9 Ballet
- 7:15-8:30 Level 6&7 Ballet
These classes with Ms. Saniya are in place of Ms. Dale’s level 6-9 ballet classes that evening.
Tuition – 2nd Installments Due
For those families who have elected to pay on a two installment plan this year for tuition, a friendly reminder that 2nd installments are due BY Tuesday, December 5th.
We encourage all of our parents and students to like us/follow us on our Facebook and Twitter accounts: @NLondonDance for reminders of upcoming events, school info, and any possible closures for inclement weather.
Winterlude Demonstration Shows
Only 5 weeks until Winterlude, our annual December demonstration shows. This year’s Winterlude shows will be held Saturday, December 16, at the Wolf Performance Hall, 251 Dundas Street at the Central Library. Dress rehearsals will be held at the Wolf Performance Hall on both Thursday, December 14 and Friday, December 15. Detailed schedules have been provided by email to all students, which indicate each class’s rehearsal slot, as well as which show(s) they will be performing in. Show times on December 16 will be at 10:00 am, 1:00 pm & 4:30 pm. Most classes perform in only one show, however some perform in two or three. If your dancer will NOT be participating in our Winterlude show, please email us to let us know. We now have our studio lobby video monitors turned OFF to keep the student’s Winterlude dances a SURPRISE for the show!
Answers to Frequently Asked Questions about Winterlude:
- Please try not to miss any classes leading up to shows. During November and December all of the teachers are busy in class creating their dances for the show. Dancers who miss 5 or more of the last 10 classes, OR the last 2 classes leading up to Winterlude, will not be eligible to perform onstage with their class.
- Dancers who perform in both shows A & B (10 am & 1 pm) on Saturday DO NOT get picked up between shows, but they do have to bring a lunch to eat backstage. Dancers who perform in both show B & C (1 pm & 4:30 pm) on Saturday MUST be picked up in between.
- All dancers in the show wear their classroom uniform for all dances in Winterlude, and their hair in a dancers bun. No idea what a dancers bun is? Please watch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMj_eaRML1w We have a limited supply of bun making kits available at the office for only $4, HST included. Classes who are responsible for bringing something other than their classroom uniform to the show will be emailed separately.
- Backstage space is at a premium during the shows, so please send only those items that are absolutely necessary with your dancer. The little ones should ARRIVE wearing their classroom uniform, and not bring extra layers, jackets, or footwear, backstage. There is underground parking, so we encourage you to leave all the extra items in your vehicles.
- There is underground parking available at Citi Plaza, and the parking entrance which will bring you closest to the theatre is the one directly off of King Street, just east of Clarence Street. The service desk at the Central Library, will validate for 2 free hours of parking if you have a library card, but you have to validate when they are open, so don’t leave it to the end of the night/day!
- Tickets for the show will be available via http://www.onstagedirect.com/northlondon beginning November 16. There is no limit on the number of tickets purchased per family, and you are welcome to invite your extended family and friends. We highly recommend that you purchase your tickets in advance. Tickets have sold out in previous years and seating is assigned.
- We arrange for Winterlude to be professionally videotaped. DVD order forms will be handed out in classes in late November. Order forms are due to no later than Monday, December 18. Personal video recording (and photography) is not permitted in the theatre.
Dance recitals are an exciting time for all dancers. Try to relax and enjoy this special event in your dancer’s life! Don’t forget that after Winterlude, there are still 6 more days of regular classes before we close for the holidays from Saturday, December 23th to Saturday, January 6th.
Please join us in congratulating Ms. Kelsey and Ms. Megan who both recently successfully passed a teaching certification in AcroDance with Acrobatic Arts, an established, professional syllabus curriculum for Acrobatic Dance. Congratulations! We will be starting the roll out of beginner level AcroDance classes at NLDC starting in January 2018 for our Level 1-9 students. Watch your email for more information on this exciting new program!
As always, thank you for trusting us with your family’s dance education. We know you have other choices, and we’re glad you’re with us. J
Kelly Hajar, Director