DOWNLOAD FALL NEWSLETTER
IMPORTANT UPCOMING DATES
- Nov 26 – Hyde Park Santa Claus Parade – 10 am
- Dec 5 – All 2nd Installment Tuition Payments Due
- Dec 8 & Fri Dec. 9 – Winterlude Rehearsals at the Wolf Performance Hall (no classes at the studio)
- Dec 10 –Winterlude Shows at the Wolf Performance Hall: 10 am, 1 pm & 4:30 pm
- Dec 12 – Horizon Retirement Living Show – 6 pm
- Dec 17 – Mon. Jan 2 – Studio Closed – Holidays
- Jan 3 – Studio Opens – 1st day of 2nd term classes
- Jan 7 – June Recital Costume Fees Due ($75/dance)
- Feb 20 – Studio Closed for Family Day
- Mar 4 – Fri. Mar 10 – Parent Viewing Week #2
- Mar 11 – Sat. Mar 18 – Studio Closed – March Break
- Apr 14 – Studio Closed – Good Friday
- Apr 16 – Studio Closed – Easter Sunday
- Apr 17 – Studio Closed – Easter Monday
- May 11 – Recital Tickets ON SALE
- May 22 – Studio Closed – Victoria Day
- Jun 7 – Last day of regular classes at the studio
- Jun 8 & Fri. Jun 9 – Recital Stage Rehearsals at the Paul Davenport Theatre, UWO
- Jun 10 – Recital Shows at the Paul Davenport Theatre, UWO
FOR YOUR INFORMATION
Canada’s Ballet Jorgen Master Class
Congratulations to the 30 students who took class with Mr. Junior Gaspar Caballero from Canada’s Ballet Jorgen earlier this month. Great work!
Hyde Park Santa Claus Parade
On Saturday, November 26 at 10 am NLDC will be participating in the Hyde Park Santa Claus Parade! Any dancers who don’t have their own classes Saturday morning are encouraged to come watch the parade and cheer on the 33 NLDC dancers participating in the parade this year.
Tuition – 2nd Installments Due
For those families who have elected to pay on a two installment plan this year for tuition, a friendly reminder that 2nd installments are due BY Monday, December 5th.
NLDC Studio Gear
Our new studio gear has arrived in time for under the Christmas tree! Buy early for the best selection.
Winterlude Demonstration Shows
Only 2.5 weeks to go until our Winterlude demonstration shows! This year’s Winterlude shows will be held Saturday, December 10th, at the Wolf Performance Hall, 251 Dundas Street at the Central Library. Dress rehearsals will be held at the Wolf Performance Hall on both Thursday, December 8 and Friday, December 9th. Detailed schedules were emailed to all students, which indicated each class’ rehearsal slot, as well as which show(s) they will be performing in. Show times on December 10th are at 10:00 am, 1:00 pm & 4:30 pm. Most classes perform in only one show; however some classes perform in two or three shows.
Important Reminders Leading up to Winterlude:
- Please try not to miss any classes leading up to shows. All of our teachers are now finishing and polishing their dances in class. Dancers who miss 50% or more of the last 10 classes, or the last 2 classes leading up to Winterlude, will not be eligible to perform onstage with their class.
- The shows are 1 hour 25 minutes to 1 hour 40 minutes in length each.
- Please ensure your dancers are signed in at the theatre 35 minutes prior to show time. This gives time for all of the dancers to get settled backstage and not feel rushed.
- Dancers who perform in both shows A & B (10 am & 1 pm) on Saturday DO NOT get picked up between shows, but they do have to bring a lunch to eat backstage. Dancers who perform in both show B & C (1 pm & 4:30 pm) on Saturday DO need to be picked up in between.
- All dancers wear their classroom uniform as a base for all dances in Winterlude, and their hair in a proper, dance bun. This is true for ballet, jazz, tap, modern & hip hop students. (No idea what a dancers bun is? Check out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMj_eaRML1w.) We have a limited supply of bun making kits available at the office for only $4, HST included.
- Backstage space is at a premium during the shows, so please send only those items that are absolutely necessary with your dancer. The little ones should ARRIVE wearing their classroom uniform, and not bring extra layers, including jackets and footwear, backstage. If you are sending a snack, choosing snacks that are NOT MESSY helps prevent accidents from happening to a dancer’s outfit before going onstage. Please do not send makeup backstage with your child for the same reason.
- There is underground parking available at Citi Plaza, and the parking entrance which will bring you closest to the theatre is the one directly off of King Street, just east of Clarence Street. The service desk at the Central Library, will validate for 2 free hours of parking if you have a library card. The service desk is only open until 6 pm on weeknights and 5 pm on Saturdays, so be sure to validate before they close.
- Tickets for the show are NOW ON SALE at http://www.onstagedirect.com/northlondon and are already 62% sold out! There is no limit on the number of tickets purchased per family, and you are welcome to invite your extended family and friends to share in your dancer’s accomplishments! We highly recommend that you purchase your tickets in advance. Tickets have sold out in previous years.
- We arrange for Winterlude to be professionally videotaped. DVD order forms have been handed out in all classes. Order forms are due no later than Monday, December 12. Please note that personal video recording (and photography) is not permitted in the theatre. We thank you in advance for adhering to this policy, which allows all members of our audience to enjoy the show. We receive complaints every year from parents who find it both distracting and inconsiderate when people try to take their own personal videos.
Dance recitals are an exciting time for all dancers! Try to relax and enjoy this special event in your dancer’s life! Don’t forget that after Winterlude, there are still 6 more days of regular classes before we close for the holidays on Saturday, December 17th. The first day of classes in January will be TUESDAY, January 3rd.
What is your dancer between the ages of 4-10 doing for the upcoming PA Day on Friday, January 13th? Come fly away with Ms. Kelsey during our SUPERHERO themed PA day dance camp!
- Half Days (9 am-12 pm) $28 HST Included
- Full Days (9 am – 4 pm) $41 HST Included
8-Week Adult Pilates
There will be a new session of Adult Pilates beginning on Wednesday, January 4th from 6:45-7:15 pm with Ms. Rosemarie. This class is a combination of strength and flexibility work, leaving you feeling strong, stretched and invigorated! This class runs for 8-weeks and is $72.11 including HST.
Congratulations to Ms. Michelle who will be part of the dance team in January for the London Lightning Basketball team!