If you are considering enrolling your child in a dance class, firstly; great idea! Secondly, there are many benefits beyond learning to dance itself when taking a dance class.
- Social time. A great dance class should be challenging but also fun; children have the opportunity to socialize with new friends before class, work on team building skills, and communication.
- Exercise. Cut back on their screen time and get them moving in a dance class! As an added benefit, dance encourages kids to be aware of and connect to their bodies.
- Confidence. The foundation for good dance technique is form and posture. Kids learn how to properly stand up straight, head up and move with confidence.
- Cognitive skills. Dance challenges the mind as well as the body.
- Fun! It is important in any children’s program for there to be a balance between focused work and fun. Only professional instructors are able to strike this balance.
NLDC offers many types of age appropriate dance classes for children , including: ballet, jazz, tap, modern, musical theatre & hip hop. Give us a call today to get more information.